Monday, April 20, 2009

14 Month Update






14 months and smart as a whip. Owen is really beginning to pick up on things. His athletic abilities are really coming into play. I ask him to grab his hockey stick and to hit the ball and "play hockey". He goes into his massive pile of toys and finds his Atlanta Thrashers hockey stick and then gets down on the floor and sticks his bum in the air trying to find his missing ball under the couch. After he gathers both he starts his stick handling, which is quite impressive. NHL, here we come. Check out his hockey video below!

The other day he was being a crabby little man and was non stop whining. I put him in "time out" and he cried some more. So he got up and came back into the kitchen whining and crying at me. I said, "Owen do you want to go back into time-out?" and what does my smart kid do? He turns around, still crying and walks to where time out is located and sits down. HE PUT HIMSELF INTO TIME OUT. I mean...he is 1 year old! After that his whole demeanor changed. He was done being crabby and then started playing.

Speaking of playing, he loves to play with the barn animals his Aunty Lauren bought him. He lines them all up on the couch like they are his army. If he is missing one of his animals I ask him to go find his cow, or find his sheep. He turns around and starts to look for the missing animal. When he finds it he lines them up next to all his other barnyard friends. He gets a kick out of it, so does Darren and I. He is also beginning to love the concept of the large legos. He can now stack them onto each other. We are only at level one, one block on another, but I can see that changing very quickly!

Owen had a nice second Easter and somewhat picked up on the tradition of hunting for Easter Eggs. We colored a few eggs and hid them with his Easter basket in our house and sent Owen off for the hunt. He ran around the house trying to pick up all 6 at one time and then I caught him taking a bite out of the egg. Blue colored eggshell, all in his mouth...yummm!

We also went to visit my friend Landeck's baby,Greer. Who is such a cutie - her picture is above and Lauren, Kaeden, Meika,Owen and I went to the Brookfield Zoo. They have a dinosaur exhibit that is pretty realistic, the kids liked it. MC, Matthew, Corrie's son also had a birthday. The big 1. Owen had a good time at his prince and princess themed party! Owen has found his love for GG, my grandma. I mean, who wouldn't. She is one of my favorite people of all times as well, so he is a smart kid once again. When he sees her he just lights up and can easily point her out in a crowd. It is really nice to know that he shares a special bond with her. It makes me more then happy to know that she has had the opportunity to spend time with him and create such a nice relationship. My mom has been watching Owen twice a week and she is wonderful with him. She makes him laugh by putting stuff on her head and then his head. It doesn't matter what it is, a stinky sock, a t-shirt, a paper bag, she does it and he cracks up. She is great with him! And he also loves to see his Gramps and Grand-mo on the computer. We skype them and when their picture comes up Owen gets all excited and starts to show off. Whatever he does he looks back at the computer to make sure they are watching. Too cute!

He is getting so big so fast. I wish it would slow down a bit. We are loving every minute of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allison...great update and we are happy that we have been able to see Owen so often....he sure loves his Gi Gi...doesn't he?

Aunt and Unc