Sunday, February 21, 2010

2 Years Old




2 Years Old!

Our baby went to bed a one year old and woke up a two year old. We threw Owen a Chugga-Chugga Choo Choo Owen is Two party and he had so much fun! To fit the part he was dressed in his train engineer overalls, button down plaid shirt and engineer hat. Though the hat did not make it through most of the party, actually thinking about it, by the end of the party he was running around in his diapers! I guess that means it was a really good party. I know when I go to a party and end up running around in my diapers, I definitely had a good time! Owen got a lot of nice presents and played for a few hours with his friends and family. He did a great job blowing out the candles (check out the video below) and ended the evening with a mean game of shinny with Kaeden and Chad! The shinny mat was from his mom and dad and we also bought him a blow up referee bop bag that is bigger then him. When he woke up on his birthday he came out to the living room and saw this big referee guy looking at him. He told Darren and I, "I'm "cared" mom". Though he was scared initially he ended up really getting into how nice it felt to give the guy a punch or two to the gut. He also ended up naming him Dave. Dave the referee was also a big hit at the party!

We got a really good snowfall last week and Darren and I took advantage of the powder and took Owen sledding a few times. I think Darren and I had a little more fun then Owen considering all he really wanted to do was eat the snow. But of course told him to steer clear of all yellow and brown snow, only eat the white stuff. Owen did brave the snowboard for a few runs and took part in family sled time with all three of us on one sled. What's the saying? A family who sleds together, stays together?

Owen is officially a chatter box and almost complete sentences are not an uncommon thing. We were both sitting on the floor one morning, and he was drinking milk. He looks at me and said, "Mommy cheers". I said, "I don't have anything to cheers with" and he told me, "Mommy go get beer and cheers". I thought, well that is not such a bad idea, except it was 7:00am. But I am sure it was noon somewhere in the world! This afternoon, we had pizza for lunch. Owen goes to Darren, "Daddy Pia? Daddy Good." And Darren said, "Did you have some Pizza Owen" and Owen said, "Yea, I bit it, it was good. I more pia, peese". Now that we have him talking in almost sentences we are working on the potty thing. So far Owen has 8 pees in the potty and 4 poops. Not so bad for a little guy that just turned two!

Thank you to everyone that helped to make Owen's 2nd birthday a smashing success. He receives so much love from around the world and he is growing into a smart young boy because of it. Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again..what a wonderful blog you have created for Owen...Darren..Allison and all of us..thank you..Love Aunty and Unc