



WOW! We are very happy Chicago-ians that the Chicago Blackhawks took home the Stanley Cup! What an exciting series and Owen was more than pleased to be able to stay up most nights and watch the excitement and yell, “Good Goal” followed by a high five and waving of his red Stanley Cup Playoff Rally Towel he received from his more than happy father, who attended the first playoff game with Mo, Dan and Steve! If you ask Owen who plays for the Blackhawks, he will easily tell you, “Pat Kane, Duncan Keith and Jonathan Toews”.
We let Owen stay up and watch Game 5 of the Stanley Cup playoffs and by 9:45pm I asked him if he was tired. He said, "No I'm not tired, I'm happy!" I guess that is all that matters. Daddy is happy due to the win of Game 5 and Owen is very happy to still be up at 10pm on a school night!
Along with Owen's banter about the Chicago Blackhawks he is definitely now a full time chatterbox. His repetitive speech is constant and the same sentence is repeated over and over until you acknowledge what he is telling you. I guess that is only fair, right? Geez...pay attention to the kid!
I wanted to share some of the very funny things that have come out of his mouth over the past month or so.
We drop Darren off at the train in the morning and Owen's routine is to make sure that Darren gives me a kiss and a "Big Hug" good bye (that's my boy, always helping to keep the spark alive!) and then to give Owen a kiss, "Big Hug", knuckles and a high five (in that particular order). As Darren walks up the stairs to catch his arriving train, Owen yells rather loudly out the window, "I love you dad. I miss you!" It might be one of the cutest things I have ever witnessed. Other passer-bys think so too!
The other morning he was looking in the mirror and he tells me, "Mommy...I'm boo-a-ful" and I said, "Yes Owen you are definitely beautiful!". I ask him if mommy is beautiful and he tells me, "No mommy, Piper (the babysitter's cat) is boo-a-ful, you just a girl". I guess the beautiful requirements are to be either two years old or to be covered in orange cat fur. Somehow, I don’t think I will be considered to be beautiful anytime soon.
He loves to say, "Get Outta Here" to anyone that is in his way or trying to stop him from doing something. And the phrase, "I see some-tin" is a common occurrence to show you that he wants to do something and do something "By myself." If you say he is a baby, he corrects you immediately, with "No I'm a Big Boy". The other night, Darren gave him a kiss and he screamed, "Ewww" and rubbed the kiss off. I thought we had a few more years before that started! I guess I was wrong. Though as of now, he still thinks his mommy's kisses are A-OK.
I was drinking coffee this morning and he said, "Mom, I want drink coffee". I said, "No Owen, coffee is for mommies". He said, "I drink coffee all day...No, I drink beer". I replied with, "Sorry about your luck but you have another 19 very long years before you will be drinking any beer".
It has been raining quite a bit and Owen loves to run to the door and yell "Go Away Rain". I tell him I don't think that will really work all that well. He then gets a little smarter and sings a rain dance of, "Raining...Poring...Man Flooring...Bumped Head...Went Bed...Get up in Morning" - his rendition of It's Raining, It's Pouring. If that doesn't do the job then he screams, "Rain, Go Away. Come other day. Little Owen wants to play".
Keeping in the spirit of nursery rhymes and the one about Jack and Jill, if Owen takes a spill and falls down he will tell us, "I'm ok. I fell down and broke my crown." I can’t help to laugh every single time that comes out of his cute mouth.
Thanks for checking in on us, and we hope you are enjoying the “Month in the Life of Little, oops sorry, Big Boy Owen McCarthy!”
2 comments:
...could we love this little kid anymore ???
Owen is taking on his mom's literary skills!
Love Aunt and Unc
Post a Comment