Christmas 2010 has come and gone. Santa was very, very good to Owen this year and brought him exactly what he wanted...Dash and Ferdinand (trains from Thomas the Train). Grandma, Papa, Gramps, Grammo, Nana and MiMi also spoiled our little guy rotten and he loved every moment of it. Thank you to everyone who thought of Owen this Christmas, we are so lucky to have such great family and friends.
Aimee, Dayne and Chad arrived on Christmas Day and are here visiting for 10 days. We are having so much fun. We already went ice skating and skiing twice up at Red Mountain. Unfortunately Darren came down with the flu on Christmas Day and was out for the count and little Owen was also not so lucky and is not feeling so hot tonight. He was laying in the bed and looked up at me with his puppy dog eyes and said, "Mommy I don't like this." I just kissed him and squeezed him even tighter. He definitely is not feeling well because he even passed up chocolate cake tonight after dinner, and those that know him, know that this NEVER happens. We are hoping he feels better because we have lots of other fun things to do before they leave, though I have decided they cannot go home! Dayne and Chad said they will get jobs up at the ski hill so they can ski all winter and I think Aimee is on board with that too!
Owen's new fun game is showcased in the video below. Every night that Darren comes home from work he makes him play the game, "Daddy you go that way, and I go that way" and then says "Go!". They then run through the designated doorway and back to the starting point, all while laughing and giggling. Though Owen refuses to go into the kitchen if the kitchen light is not on, he says, "No I can't go in there it is too 'Booky' or to 'Cary'. So we have to turn the light on so it is not Spooky or Scary for him! Chad also got to take part in the fun game and was designated a particular doorway! He did pretty good! :)
Owen and I were driving in the car the other day and I looked in the rear view mirror to discover Owen going to town digging for gold in his nose. I said, "Owen, don't pick your nose, that's icky." And he told me, "Mom I have to pick my nose, its my lunch." Apparantly his boogers are a tastier treat then force feeding him chicken nuggets, soup or Kraft macaroni and cheese, go figure, I guess I will never win!
I almost peed my pants when the other day Darren who was driving our car yelled out at a car that swerved in front of us, "Asshole, stay in your own lane." Owen immediately chimes in with a true giggle, "Hahaha Dad, you called him an asshole." I swear how does a two and a half year old know how to add a laugh and an appropriate response to a swearword? Ladies and gentleman we have a bright one in our midst.
I have been frequenting the library here in Trail, it is a great resource for new Thomas the Train DVD's and childrens books. It really does get quite trying to have to read the same five books over and over each and every night and watch the same Thomas the Train DVD so much that I know all the words. So Owen and I have been loving our new found entertainment. I bring the books home and tell Owen he needs to be careful with the pages in the book because we are borrowing them and they are not ours. Owen now always warns me with a "Be Careful Mom" when I begin to read him any of the books.
We were at Gramps and Grammo's and Owen picked up some change off the counter and told me that he "Needed this" I asked why would he need money? He told me, "Mom, I need it for parking." Well at least I know we have a responsible son even at the age of two, he understands the concept of having to pay the parking meter so you don't get a ticket!
Hope you enjoyed our update, we definitely love and miss all of you very much!
2 comments:
Oh, your blog could be turned into a happy book about life with a precocious little boy...we'll buy the first one off the press! Love you all, Mom & Dad
Al...you take after your fantastic mom in creativity...keep it up.
Love aunt and unc
Post a Comment