Tuesday, April 19, 2011

38 Month Update




Grandma and Papa visited us for a week, and we had a really nice visit. We did not want them to leave and can't wait for them to come back. We were pretty busy showing them first hand all of Owen's activities. We spent a morning up at Red Mountain and Papa got to watch Owen ski the slopes. He did such a good job, the best all season. He really got into the "Pizza" and was even starting to turn trying to avoid having to ski into Darren's arms. (Little stinker) They also made it to the last night of skating for the season and got to see Owen skate around the ice like a pro with and without the bar. We spent a sunny afternoon outside riding bikes, gooters and playing hockey and baseball. Owen gave Papa a few pointers on how to improve his game and also an afternoon at the aquatic center swimming and splashing at the pool! So all in all it was a busy week in "The Day in the Life of Owen McCarthy". I think they enjoyed it!

Steve, Mel, Morgy and Jack have also been visiting for the month of April and we have spent a lot of quality time with them. The kids play sooooo good with one another and I think truly missed each other and all of us. It has been so nice to have them here.

We have had some classic Owen moments throughout the past month, here are some I would like to share with you...

Owen and I were visiting my friend Sarah, her husband Chris and their two year old son Thane. The boys were playing in the basement and Chris sat both boys up on the bar stools at their bar. Chris asked the boys what they wanted to drink and Owen looked at Chris and said, "I'll have a beer" Chris laughed, and said, "Well I think we ran out of beer the other day." Owen looked at him and Chris said you could tell he was thinking of something. Owen said, "Well I am a customer, I guess I will have a juice box." Needless to say they all got a big kick out of the very witty 3 year old comment, but next time give the kid a beer, he is a customer after all!

Darren and I put Owen down to sleep for the night and he was laying in his bed, so not sleeping, chatting away to himself. Darren was watching game 1 Chicago vs. Vancouver, which obviously was not going our way, so there was some yelling from the living room couch. Owen felt the need to speak his mind yelling from his room, "Hey Dad, can you be a little quieter please?" Darren obliged and I think that made Owen giggle in his bed...just a little!

Owen and I shared another cool British Columbia experience and drove down to the Hugh Keenleyside Dam near Castelgar to be part of releasing some juvenile White Sturgeon back into the waters. Owen got to release two and I got to release one as well. He did great and of course was not scared by the way these prehistoric fish look with hard bony bodies and a not so appealing face with catfish like whiskers on the underside of his body. He picked them right our of the bucket, looked at them and sailed them away into the deep blue abyss. Take a look at the video below, I was able to capture the moment....imagine that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the wonderful storyline of Owen's life.

We Love All of You...Aunt & Unc