Saturday, August 27, 2011

42 Month Update




The weather has been beautiful here in sunny Trail, or as Owen calls it, "Trail, BC Canada". We have been taking full advantage of the nice weather. We went camping with a few friends and their kids up to Champion Lakes campground which is a great place only 30 minutes away. Owen got to play with his friends, 4 other boys and go on some "A-ventures" right behind our campsite. There was a huge forest with fallen trees, small creeks and lots of places to explore! I also took Owen for two days to Christina Lake with my friend Steph and her daughter Karis. We spent the two days in the water absorbing up the summer sun and using up a bottle or two of sunscreen. Owen got really good at jumping off the dock and swimming to the ladder. I think he even surprised himself! Darren, Owen and I just got back from a short stay in Kewlona, which is the next "big city" close to us. We stayed in a hotel and it felt like we were royalty when comparing it to two nights of camping and peeing outside with no toilet paper! We spent the days at the great beaches, played in the city parks, swam in the hotel pool (check out the video below), ate a really nice dinner and enjoyed a quick melting ice cream cone down by the water.

We have spent the majority of the summer in some form of water and this did not stop when it came to this weekend. Darren and I just celebrated our 5 year Anniversary kayaking in Slocan Lake. We had such an awesome day in the water, and laying out on the rocks in the warm sunshine. We couldn't have asked for a better day!

Owen is growing up quickly and has been such a sweet and loving boy to be around. He is super cuddly and loves his mom and dad. Every once in awhile, he will just look at me and say, "I love you mom" and my heart just melts. Let's hope that this loving feeling lasts a lifetime and he always thinks I am such a cool and lovable mom! I don't see why this should change, do you?

We are looking forward to the visit from my mom and dad, they get here in a few days! We have been counting down the number of sleeps until they arrive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful story of 3 wonderful people...Thank you.
Love Aunt & Unc.