What a gentleman we have on our hands. One afternoon as Grammo and I were walking out the door Owen ran in front of us asking us to wait, he wiggled his way in front of the door so that he could open it up for us. After he got the door opened he waved his hands in front of him and said,"After you ladies". We BOTH got a big kick out of that. Not quite sure where he picked that one up, but that is something that will keep the girls thinking!
Grandma had her knee replacement surgery last month and is doing great. Owen and I called her to see how she was feeling and Owen said, "Mom I want to talk." So I gave bossy the phone and he said, "How are you feeling Grandma? How is your knee?" Grandma said, "I'm doing OK." Owen then asked, "Did Papa hold your hand?" The last comment is what really got us all...how totally and completely sweet is that? I think that made Grandma's knee instantly feel a little better!
We spent a weekend in Vancouver and braved the long 7 1/2 hour drive into the big city. It was amazing to both Darren and I on how living in a small town can quickly change your thoughts about big city life! We have both quickly come to the realization that traffic SUCKS. I honestly do not think that I could sit in a daily commute to work an hour each way again in my life! But besides the traffic, that in reality was not that bad, we had a nice time. We got to visit with Aunt Colleen, Uncle Al, Ashley and Travis, all of Darren's Vancouver friends and we brought Owen to the Aquarium which he totally loved. On the car ride home Owen got car sick an hour before we got home, which lets just say....made the trip memorable.
It is that time of year again. Skating season has begun and we took Owen twice this weekend. I am sure his bum was a little sore with all the contact it made with the ice. He is a little rusty but looks like we are going to make some good progress this year. The whining was kept to a minimum, a smile was on his face but the bribe of hot chocolate after skating was still a must...some things will never change!
I was just going to post this update and I looked over at Owen. He is standing on the couch with a blanket around his shoulders and arms. He said, "Mom, how about this. Pretend I am a bird and these are my wings. I could "fwap" my wings and fly off the couch". I said, "Well that sounds like a lot of fun but the problem is that you are really not a bird and those really aren't your wings, and the distance from the couch to the floor looks mighty high." He said, "That's OK mom, I can just "fwap" my wings and everything will be OK." So he "fwaped" and ended up unscathed but sounded like he almost went through the floor and ended up in the basement. I plucked his wings after that, no more "fwapping" for him.
Halloween is almost here, Owen is going to be "Biderman" this year. He is looking forward to trick or treating and legally getting to eat candy without his mom and dad telling him he can only have one treat a day....which by the way never really is adhered to!
1 comment:
What wonderful sagas of the Trail
McCarthy's...we look forward to them every month...Thank you so much..and was wonderful seeing you on Skype on Sunday..love aunt&unc.
Post a Comment