Owen is seeing the world through rose colored glasses...well at least he was for 24 hours. Owen got his glasses last week. He looked adorable in his thin metal black frames and did pretty good at keeping them on his face and not thrown into a corner of his room. I wouldn't go as far to say that he enjoyed wearing them but he did surprisingly well for a three year old who was told now he has to wear glasses everyday from here on out. But less then 24 hours on the way out of school he managed to smash his face into the gate breaking his glasses and forcing us to make a trip back to the eye doctor exactly 24 hours since we picked them up. So needless to say he got out of wearing them for a whole week because they had to be reordered. I know he is a smart kid...but is he smart enough to know the consequences or should I say benefit of taking a small blow to the face on the gate outside of school? Hmmmmm.
Owen also got his first real haircut this month. We brought him to the salon we go to and our friend Krista gave him a real nice cut. It doesn't look too different but I figured something had to be done because every time I put his hockey helmet on him he would complain that his hair was in his eyes. This could not be, so I had to bring him in to get his locks chopped. He sat like a gentleman and was given a bag of old Halloween candy afterwards so he didn't seem to mind too much!
The Fall Season seemed to have lasted 2 seconds but we made the most out of it. The leaves changing color was breathtaking, we managed to hike down to the river and go fishing one day - Owen was an all star hiker and walked the majority of the 45 minute walk both ways, and I spent one afternoon on a horse up in the mountains...which I loved! So I guess it is now time for Winter...boooooo....
Darren dislocated his knee in hockey so our house has been a nursing station for the past two weeks. Owen has been a great doctor and on many occasions has given Darren his favorite teddy bear to make him feel better. The other day I came out of the bedroom and found Darren lying on the couch with about 15 teddy bears in all shapes and sizes surrounding him. I think it did make him feel a little bit better!
One of my best friends Deralyn came to visit this past weekend. She must really love me because she sat on a plan for many hours, rented a car and drove what took her 4 hours both ways on snowy mountain roads. She was originally supposed to come here in July but it turned out her trip was pushed back to mid November and of course we already got our first snowfall here the day before she arrived. So needless to say we broke her into Canadian living immediately! It was so nice to have her here and Owen loved her fun and energetic personality. We miss her already!
We are looking forward to our visit with Aimee and the boys! Can't wait to have so much fun with them!
Happy Turkey Day to all you Americans!
xoxo
2 comments:
What a wonderful story of the continuation of your lives in Trail. Love aunt & Unc
Happy Turkey Day
Post a Comment